Support on offer for start-ups
In order for your new enterprise to flourish, you need to build strong foundations. Our team can offer one to one business support to help you get everything in place.
See this page in: Cymraeg
We have been supporting the social enterprise sector in Wales since 1982 and have worked with hundreds of businesses, helping them become strong and sustainable, helping them create jobs and helping them make an impact.
Our team of experts can offer you one-to-one advice to help you make your business flourish. Thanks to funding from the Welsh Government and the European Regional Development Fund we can offer you this support free of charge.
Support on offer:
- Visioning – We can work with your group to ensure there is a shared vision for the business
- Structure – We can advise you on different legal structures and help you choose the right one for your new enterprise
- Incorporation – We can help to write your governing document and get your business incorporated
- Company formation guidance – We provide all the douments needed to build your Company Register
- Director training – We can provide training for your directors so they have confidence in their roles and responsibilities
- Governance & board engagement – We can help you set up a governance system and engage with potential board members
- Investment strategy – We can help you develop an investment strategy and advise you on grants, loans, crowd funding and community shares
- Compliance & risk – We can support you to identify any compliancy issues or risks that the business may have and how these could be managed
- Policies – We can help you to create policies to ensure that your organisation is run well
- Opening bank account – We can help you to open a bank account for your new enterprise
We are proud to be part of the Business Wales family, whose experts can also provide you with additional business and financial planning support.
Starting a new business can be challenging, and no matter how well prepared you are, there are some lessons that can only be learnt by experience. To help you navigate the stresses of a start-up, we can pair you up with established social business leaders who can provide peer-to-peer mentoring. This can be face-to-face or virtual, whatever suits you and your business best.
In order to be eligible for support, you must:
- Have a basic business idea in place
- Undertaken some basic market research
- Identified key individuals to help develop the business
- Plan to create jobs within two years
- Have identified your trading activity
- Have identified clear social objectives
- Be looking to incorporate within a defined period
Meet the team
|Carly McCreesh||Project Manager||@carlymccreesh||view on LinkedIn|
|Tom Addiscott||Business Advisor||@TomAddiscott||view on LinkedIn|
|Serena Allen||Business Advisor||view on LinkedIn|
|Joanne Bartlett||Business Advisor||@JBWalescoop||view on LinkedIn|
|Martin Downes||Social Entrepreneurship Officer||@martin_downes||view on LinkedIn|
|Maggie Gomez||Business Information Administrator||view on LinkedIn|
|Rachael Hobbs||Business Advisor||@rachaelchobbs||view on LinkedIn|
|Robert Hughes||Business Advisor||@RobHugh83228523||view on LinkedIn|
|Claudia Limpert||Business Advisor||@ClaudiaCSWales||view on LinkedIn|
|Rhys Williams||Business Advisor|