Social Business Wales Advisory Group recruitment
SBW provides specialist business support to growth and new start social businesses across Wales. We are looking for 5 social business practitioners to become Practitioner Advisors and sit on the Advisory Group until the end of the project.
See this page in: Cymraeg
Social Business Wales Advisory Group
Social Business Wales (SBW) is delivered by the Wales Co-operative Centre and forms part of the Business Wales family. Funded by the Welsh Government and the European Union (European Regional Development Fund), the project started on the first of July 2015 and is due to end on the 31st of December 2022.
SBW provides specialist business support to growth and new start social businesses across Wales. Social businesses include social enterprises, co-operatives, mutuals and employee owned businesses.
As part of the development of Social Business Wales a Project Advisory Group has been set up to support the management of the operation.
The purpose of the SBW Advisory Group is to advise the operational managers of the project to ensure effective delivery of Social Business Wales. Advisory Group members, provide specific support, including to:
- Promote the services of Social Business Wales to their networks.
- Provide feedback on and offer improvements to the service offered by Social Business Wales.
- Advise on growth priorities for the sector.
- Advise on any gaps in support provision.
- Promote joined up services to the sector particularly around finance and business support.
- Support the growth of the social business sector in Wales.
- To advise on regional priorities and growth opportunities for the sector
- To promote social entrepreneurship and the social enterprise model
- From its experience of SBW, the advisory panel should provide a view about lessons of the current support provision and what is needed in future post 2022 to meet the needs of the sector.
We are looking for 5 social business practitioners to become Practitioner Advisors and sit on the Advisory Group until the end of the project.
We are looking to appoint a social business practitioner from the following regions: –
- North Wales
- Mid Wales
- South West Wales
- South East Wales
These positions are voluntary although we can cover reasonable travel expenses. The Advisory Group meet approximately three times a year and aim to continue to meet using appropriate virtual meeting technology.
The type of skills and experience we are looking for includes: –
- Experience of running a social enterprise, co-operative or employee-owned business.
- Knowledge of the wider social enterprise sector.
- Knowledge of the current business support infrastructure.
- Experience of accessing loan and grant finance.
- Knowledge of regional policy developments.
If you would like to join our Advisory Group, please request the short application form from Sarah Broughton by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org