Care to Co-operate online toolkit
This interactive online toolkit is designed to help those interested in setting up co-operative care and well-being services.
See this page in: Cymraeg
The toolkit takes you through five key areas that you can work through in your own time. Topics include:
- Co-operation and the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act – you’ll learn how co-operation works so well with the Act.
- Strategy – we take you through how to plan your service in order for it to achieve its long term aims. The activities we’ve designed will help you look at the strengths and weaknesses of your idea.
- Legal structures – in this topic we look at the various legal structures available and how you can choose the right one for your group.
- Governance – in this topic we cover how to involve members in the decision making process, the types of rules your company will need to follow to work effectively and the roles and responsibilities of board members.
- Opportunities for services – in this topic we look at the opportunities the Act presents to co-operative delivered services.
Each topic contains information, quizzes and activities to make your ‘co-operative journey’ fun and engaging. Once you’ve completed the topics the Care to Co-operate team are on hand to provide additional support and advice.
The toolkit will inspire you and your friends, family and local community to have more say and control over your social care and support services.
“I thought the toolkit was very useful and helpful. It was easy to understand and made me aware of what co-operation is about.”
This short video has been produced to show you what to expect from the toolkit.