Provide advice to social businesses to support business growth
Provide first class support for our dynamic and creative Marketing team and to successfully deliver Social Business Wales marketing activities.
£22,220 per annum
Fixed Term to 30.06.2020, with the possibility of extension
This post is funded by Welsh Government and European Regional Development Fund
35 per week
22:00, Sunday 28th January 2018
2. Duties & Responsibilities
Role Specific Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the development of strategic marketing plans for Social Business Wales;
- Assist with the delivery of communications campaigns and activities for Social Business Wales;
- Assist with the maintenance of the Social Business Wales website to ensure that information is constantly refreshed and up-to-date;
- Assist with press work for Social Business Wales;
- Assist with social media activity for Social Business Wales – schedule content; react and respond to activity on our social media channels as necessary (NB: this includes checking our social media accounts in the evenings and weekends);
- Support the organisation of large-scale events for Social Business Wales, such as conferences and award ceremonies;
- Organise small-scale events for Social Business Wales, such as network meetings, seminars and master classes;
- Organise the Social Business Wales presence at external conferences and events;
- Assist with the production and distribution of Social Business Wales publications, including case studies and blogs – liaising with external suppliers such as graphic designers, photographers and translators; writing copy; undertaking small-scale design work; proof-reading; distribution;
- Contribute to direct marketing campaigns for Social Business Wales, including of newsletters, through off-line and on-line channels;
- Order high quality, environmentally friendly exhibition stands, promotional products and clothing for Social Business Wales;
- Organise photography and manage photographic consent forms for Social Business Wales clients
- Liaise with external marketing suppliers to ensure goods and services are delivered to a high standard within specified timescales and budgets;
- Provide administrative support to the Marketing Team for Social Business Wales activities – raise purchase orders; update spreadsheets; manage stocks of promotional materials; update contact lists; upload information to the staff intranet and any other administrative tasks that may reasonably be required.
Wales Co-operative Centre Duties & Responsibilities
- To work co-operatively with other staff and Wales Co-operative Centre programmes to promote the work of the Centre and facilitate achievement of the Vision
- To contribute to and represent the values of the Wales Co-operative Centre
- To promote and ensure safe working practices in line with Health and Safety requirements
- To adhere to all Wales Co-operative Centre policies and procedures
- To actively promote diversity within the Wales Co-operative Centre
- To play an active role in achieving excellence
- To maintain proper records of activity and produce reports as required
- To regularly attend and contribute to team meetings
- To work flexibly, including early mornings, evenings or weekends as necessary
- To travel as necessary to meet the requirements of the post
- To undertake professional development as required
- To undertake such other duties appropriate to the level of the post that may reasonably be required
3. Person Specification
In order to be eligible to apply for this job, you must be able to demonstrate the following criteria (applications which do not address these criteria will not be considered):
- Level 6 qualification in marketing OR equivalent relevant experience to include direct marketing, digital marketing, press work and publications.
In addition, our ideal candidate would also be able to demonstrate the following:
2. Excellent attention to detail, including strong proof reading skills, grammar and spelling
3. Strong organisational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects and deliver to tight deadlines under pressure
The ability to communicate fluently in Welsh is desirable but, not an essential requirement for this role.
If you feel that you could be the next member of our team, please tell us how you meet the criteria listed above within your application. Use your supporting statement to address each point clearly.
Skills and Behaviours
All Wales Co-operative Centre staff are also expected to be able demonstrate the following skills and behaviours. Some or all of these will be tested at interview stage.
- Ability to manage own workload, time and diary in order to meet deadlines / achieve outcomes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively as part of a team
- Ability to competently use MS Office
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written format, across various audiences
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to identify opportunity for innovation and solve problems
- Commitment to our values:
- Be co-operative – work collaboratively for mutual benefit
- Be supportive – give your time, expertise and encouragement
- Be fair – value diversity and democracy
- Have integrity – strive to be open and honest in everything that you do
- Be positive – invest your energy on achieving outcomes
- Be inspirational – stimulate businesses, communities and people to take control and reach their potential
- Commitment to good working practices e.g. professionalism, punctuality, adaptability
- Commitment to continuous professional development
To apply please download the application and diversity monitoring forms using the links below. We use a standard application form, which has been carefully designed to get the most relevant and useful information from all applicants. Please note that we do not accept CVs. Once you’ve completed the forms please return them to HR Department, Wales Co-operative Centre, Y Borth, 13 Beddau Way, Caerphilly, CF83 2AX or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for Applicants
We use a competency based approach to recruitment. This means that throughout the recruitment process you will be assessed against the knowledge, skills and behaviours that we consider necessary to do the job. This approach starts from the application stage.
Here are a few tips to help you submit the best application possible:
- Complete all parts of the application form wherever possible. If you think some parts do not apply to you write N/A (not applicable) in the spaces provided for your answer.
- It is preferable to complete your application form using a computer. However, if this is not possible, please ensure that you write in black ink and that your handwriting is clear and legible.
- Ensure that the information you provide is clear, concise, relevant to the job you are applying for and easily understood (if you have to use jargon or acronyms, please explain what they mean!)
- Read the job description so that you have a clear understanding of the duties associated with the role and highlight on your application form where you have done these duties, or similar duties, previously.
- Read the person specification so that you have a clear understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviours we are looking for in an applicant. The person specification will instruct you to highlight on your application form how you meet the criteria listed above within your application. Use your supporting statement to address each point clearly.
- The supporting statement is a very important part of the application form. This is your opportunity to demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined in the person specification. You can refer to experiences at work, home, school, in leisure activities or voluntary work. It is helpful to the panel if you are very specific about how you meet the required criteria – either by using the criteria as headings to each paragraph with an explanation or evidence beneath, or by referencing the criteria in your supporting statement by using the criteria numbers (1, 2, 3 etc). Examples should be provided wherever possible. Please restrict your supporting statement to a maximum of 3 sides of A4.
It should be noted that this job description merely provides a summary of the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It may be subject to periodic review and modification in conjunction with your Line Manager and the HR Manager which may lead to revisions in light of operational requirements.